Sunday, March 8, 2009

pac men and pizza

Last night I had a dream that I hired a guide to climb Denali, and when the guide showed up it was Angelina Jolie, only she was a lot taller than in real life.

We started walking on this path that was surrounded on both sides with these beautiful rose bushes and I was following behind her when she suddenly said "we have to find a place to hide!" I was like "why?" and she said "the rollers are coming!" She pushed me into this huge bush and told me to lay on my side and not move.

A few seconds later these creatures that looked like pac man came rolling down the trail. They were eating all the rose bushes that lined the trail. I couldn't see any teeth on them but they were obviously sharp because they were ripping the bushes to shreds. I became afraid they were going to eat me. They had eyes like a great white and every time they bit a rose bush their eyes would roll back. Angelina whispered "why the fuck did you have to wear that pack?" because I was wearing a bright blue pack and she was afraid the rollers would see me. Although, she had a bright red pack. I thought it was an unfair thing to say.

After the rollers ate the bushes these roses would start growing all over them and then they couldn't roll any more so they would come to a stop and fall asleep. After they started falling asleep Angelina waved me towards a big rock. I stayed on one side of the rock and set up my tent and she was on the other side of the rock. I couldn't see her but I could hear her voice.

I was like "is it over?" and she said "no, now the sheeshes are coming". I didn't know what those were so I crawled into my tent and then looked out the flap to see what would happen next.

These worm-snake like creatures came racing down the hill and started climbing all over the pac men as they were sleeping. I was like "what are they doing?" and Angelina said "they're eating the parasites". I was like huh. Then more creatures started coming down the hill. There were these dark blue triangle creatures that kept flying into the trees and sticking there like darts. There were also green ovals that were like gnats flying in a swarm and making a bad noise like bees. I thought "now we're never going to get to climb Denali". And then I woke up.

It was 430 in the morning so I read an article and then went back to sleep. This time I dreamed I was staying in Gadd's house, but it was in France and had red tiles on the roof. I was out on the patio smoking a cigarette when I heard Gadd come home with a friend. I ran down to the basement when I heard them go down there.

The basement had the room I was sleeping in and a big bar, like a restaurant bar. There were sliding glass doors going outside so the basement had a lot of light in it. Gadd was showing his friend the latest climbing magazine, which featured his daughter. She was 2 in the pictures but was climbing this huge wall in Tanzania. She was wearing a blue suit like ski racers wear.

While Gadd was showing his friend the magazine I was trying to sneak behind the bar without him noticing. He kept talking to me and I was answering him without looking at him. I was trying to get to the bar refrigerator where I had hidden a pizza. I was worried that Gadd and his friend would find my pizza and eat it. I pulled it out of the refrigerator and put newspapers on top of it. Then I started to casually walk out of the basement. But then Gadd was like "hey, I'm in that paper!" and grabbed it off the top of the pizza. I was like shit. And he said "oh, is that a pepperoni pizza?" I started to run up the stairs with the pizza but Gadd and his friend tackled me by grabbing my legs.

Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment