Saturday, March 7, 2009

gunny sack

Today I wasted 6 hours of my life trying to buy some new clothes. I have an upcoming conference that I'm presenting at, and have no idea what to wear. Also, I have a gig at the white house. And Jeffy would probably appreciate it if I didn't wear the same t-shirt every time we go out.

First I went to Nordstrom's. It was scary. How can so many people be shopping when the economy is bad? All the clothes I saw were weird. I tried on 8 t-shirts but didn't like any of them.

Then I went to Sak's. More weird clothes, but at least they were better organized. I tried on the same shirt in two sizes. I looked like a hippy so I didn't buy either.

I went to an electronics store and bought head phones and a movie. That didn't really count as clothes so I went to two other stores but didn't even find anything to try on.

I wish someone with really good taste would go shopping for me. I could sit in the dressing room eating cookies and reading the New Yorker until my shopper found some cute outfits for me. With any luck my shopper would be the same size as me so I wouldn't even have to try the clothes on. I wonder why all the movies I watch have great clothes that no store seems to sell. Even Blush down the street has had yuck clothes in the windows for the past 6 months.

If anyone wants to shop for me, send me an email. I'm serious. I'll even take you to dinner afterwards and buy you what ever bottle of wine you want. This offer excludes Jeffy who would order something that costs more than my mortgage.

2 comments:

  1. I would tend to disagree with that statement, while the one night we did have an $$$ bottle of wine, most of the time I always look for good wine values.

    Shopping is fun you just have to have a martini before you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a trip Ms. Flowers.

    this one is a classic.

    ReplyDelete