Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Nick gets dumped for a corner fart

And one of my favorite stories of my ex...

We had just attended an engineering dinner where we were doubling with my boss, Nick, and his new girlfriend, I think her name was Sam. Nick was driving us around in his mustang. Given the length of my legs, and the narrowness of the back seat of one of those things, I knew disaster was going to strike eventually. And my ex had a tendency to behave badly around my co-workers. The night was a little tense for me.

Anyway, the dinner ended with me getting in trouble for breaking a piece off of a peanut brittle sculpture that apparently was not meant to be eaten. But after I took a huge chunk off of it everyone else did too. The restaurant people were pissed.

Then we decided to go to this bar, Buena Vista, where the first Irish Coffee ever was served. My ex had one, despite the fact that he's lactose intolerant. As we left the bar and were walking back to Nick's car, debating whether or not we were going to go to a club, we were stopped by traffic at a street corner. As we stood there, my ex let out this HUGE fart. I was like oh my god, around people I work with! Then Sam smacked Nick really hard and said "That was SO disgusting!" Nick was like "it wasn't ME!" and she was like "What ever. Why do you always have to do things like that?"

I started laughing and was going to tell her it was my ex, but then she was being such a bitch I didn't. My ex was acting as if nothing had happened, which was making me laugh harder. They argued the rest of the way back to the car.

Then, when we got to the car, and had by that time decided to not go to a club because Sam was being a bitch, I had to climb into the back seat of the stupid mustang. I was wearing stilettos, a short skirt, and no underwear. I had also just had knee surgery and so was having problems balancing. As I went to get into the car my foot got tangled in the seat belt and I ended up falling head first onto the back seat, mooning Sam on my way down. She didn't say anything, but I could tell she wanted to strangle me as I laughed the whole ride home.

The next Monday at work I saw Nick in the gym (we both worked out first thing in the morning). He was not in a good mood. I asked why and he said that he had broken up with Sam. I don't know how much was triggered by the fart and the mooning. I felt bad.

Nick went on to retire and marry some LA lady who is a producer or something (read: super rich). Sam is probably still making guys miserable. And my ex is probably still eating dairy around unsuspecting people.

No comments:

Post a Comment