Wednesday, March 11, 2009

the talented Mr. D

I will preface this dream by mentioning that I watched The Talented Mr. Ripley last night.

Last night I dreamed that my co-author's father (though I have no idea what he looks like in real life, in the dream he looked like the father in TTMR) hired me to go to a college in Calgary because, he said, "my son is causing a huge disruption on the campus, and if you can't stop him he'll be thrown out of school".

So I was given this magic car that could get really big or really small depending on what size I wished it would be. It was this cool shade of blue, kind of like a dark blue but with grey in it.

I got to the campus and found these huge scaffolds all over the quad that had Star Wars action figures on them. People could barely walk around because the scaffolds were every where. I saw my co-author building yet another scaffold. I yelled to him and he came over to my car. I was like "what are you doing?" and he said "I'm building shelves to house my star wars collection". I said "you can't just build them where ever you want because it's causing a disruption on campus". He started to get upset so I said "look, why don't I park my car and you can show me your collection".

So he told me to park in this steeply sloping parking lot, and I started to drive down it but realized there were no spots, and worse, that there was a huge cliff at the end of the parking lot that I almost accidentally drove off. I was really mad at him so I backed my car up and said "no, I need a parking lot that still has spaces and that isn't on a cliff". So then he sent me to this other parking lot that had one tiny space left. I shrank my magic car down to its smallest size but right as I was doing that my co-author made all the cars in the parking lot larger so I was boxed in between all these cars and couldn't move forward or backwards.

Then my co-author's dad appeared on this TV screen inside my car (looked like the TV in Jeffy's FJ) and said "you must become a bicycle!" and I was like "I don't understand" and he said "think about it! think about becoming a bicycle!" So I thought about becoming a bicycle and my car turned into a bicycle. I was like ha ha, now I can get out of the parking lot! I rode the bike up to my co-author and was like "okay, now I need a place to park my bike". I could tell he was irritated that I was able to turn my magic car into a bike. He showed me this white u-shaped stand (like the ones you see in any city) and I chained my bike to it. But as soon as I started to walk away the bike stand turned into a white dog and the dog ran away with my bike. I was like fuck, now how am I going to get home.

Then my co-author started to show me all the scaffolds he created. There was one huge one that I thought was going to fall on me. It had hundreds of these figures that looked like Jesus statues. I was like "what is this?" and he said "This is the main star of star wars. He's the angel of star wars." I was like "No that isn't. It's Jesus. And there was no "angel of star wars"." Then my co-author got mad at me again and said "Yes there was. You just didn't see that version of the movie."

I was starting to think that my co-author was really crazy and that I should call his dad except that a dog had run away with my magic car and I could only communicate with people using the TV screen. Mean while my co-author had walked away and I couldn't see him anymore in the maze of scaffolds. I was afraid the Jesus scaffold was going to fall on me.

Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment