Monday, October 12, 2015

into the fray

Today I got my bandage contact taken out. I was dreading it but it went really well. My left eye feels scratchy, and my vision is still blurry, but I have hope it will come back because it gets better for a few seconds after I put artificial tears in. My doctor said I was really, really lucky. I could have gone blind in my left eye because the tear in my cornea was so bad.

He gave me the bandage contact, he said, "in memory of our time together". I wish I had a microscope so I could look at it in more detail.
he asked the nurse to package the contact up for me and she was like "um, what?" and he said "she has asperger's" and the nurse was like "oh" - apparently I am the first patient, ever, in his practice to keep my contact bandage
I'm guessing by Friday the past week or so will all be a distant memory. My right eye is kicking ass. And I'm catching up with spanish and my self study ground school.

I would also mention I took Major Jake in for his first oil change at groove subaru and my eyes were all watery because of the amount of artificial tears I'm putting in (I went there directly from getting my contact bandage out). They changed the oil (synthetic), rotated the tires, and washed my car. I told the manager at groove that I had a 20% off coupon but couldn't find it because my eye sight is in and out. He comped everything for me.

Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment