Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Growl-o-ween party

I was invited by Serenity Springs Sanctuary to spend Halloween evening getting a private tour, with some other donors, of the sanctuary. It should be hopping at night. I am hoping to finally see the mountain lion, who is rather reclusive during the day.

I accepted the invite and invited my work friend C (actually, I told her she has to come with me).

Today I got an email from Bentley that said he can't wait to see me at the growl-o-ween party. I'm interested to see what he's like at a party because he's usually pretty shy.

Also, the sanctuary said that if the weather holds I can sleep next to his enclosure. Which would be so cool. I have to figure out what to wear. I've never been to a tiger sleep over before.

One of my colleagues said "Oh nice, he can dream about eating you." No. He likes me. He wouldn't eat me.

Another colleague suggested that, as my costume, I should just put on a name tag with someone else's name on it "and then act like you're a normal person."

Hee.

And as follow up, my colleague who took her kids to the sanctuary said they had an amazing time and they got a private tour. Her son was ecstatic. Her daughter wants to be a veterinarian now so I'm arranging for her to shadow the vet when she does her rounds at the sanctuary.

Now I have to rest my eyes and stop looking at computer screens...


No comments:

Post a Comment