Wednesday, March 9, 2011

painting and plants


If you've never been to the Denver Botanical Gardens (http://www.botanicgardens.org/) I highly recommend it. It's almost a crime that I lived here for so long and just went. I liked it so much I bought a membership for myself and my dad.

There's tons of cool indoor plants. This one was my favorite. It's called the lollipop plant. How ridiculous does that look? And I guess I have a more than usual appreciation of people who can grow plants and not kill them. I've even managed to kill a cactus. One of my favorite cacti has some kind of mange. And my stupid white peace roses are probably dead (there's nothing but stems left, though one stem is still green) and the dirt has some kind of mold on it.

There's a whole room of orchids, and plenty of outdoor gardens to walk through, with cool statues. It was fun to see even with all of the snow.

And, hee, I had to take a picture of this person's painting. In the main building I saw 3 painters set up in these little areas where they can put an easel. She paints like me! But maybe worse.

Which reminds me, I owe my friend Joe a painting of a writing dinosaur...maybe I'll do that today...

No comments:

Post a Comment