Saturday, March 12, 2011

Jeffy wishes I would learn to ride the gondola

Last night I had this really bizarre dream. And, shut up Jeffy, I know you hate reading about my dreams, but you were in this one.

I dreamed that Jeffy and I had gone skiing in Europe, and oddly the resort was at the top of the mountain, and we had to take this weird silver ball-shaped gondola thing down to the base of the mountain to get on a ski lift to go back up the mountain so we could ski down again. I know that doesn't make any sense, but my dreams usually don't.

I was worried because I wasn't sure how to get into the gondola thing. The guy running the gondola said "we take the top off and you get in". So he took the top off and we got in so now we were sitting in basically a silver bowl with chairs but nothing to hold onto except the side of the bowl. Then the gondola guy pushed the bowl off of the platform we had just been standing on. I was like what the fuck is this guy doing? we aren't strapped in yet!

I looked up and saw that the bowl was suspended to a beam by four stretchy ropes, and we were plummeting down towards the bottom of the mountain when suddenly the ropes got taut and made us bounce up towards the platform again. Jeffy was sitting with his arms spread out on the chairs to either side of him, and he had his legs stretched out in front with one foot crossed over the other. He didn't seem to have a care in the world. I was clinging to the side of the bowl for dear life and sliding off of my chair.

Then the bowl flipped over and I almost fell out. I yelled to the gondola guy, as we fell past him, that I wanted off the gondola. He said "no one gets off the gondola". I was like "oh god Jeffy, we're going to die" and he said "I wish you would learn to just relax and enjoy yourself". I said I was afraid because we were falling and the gondola was out of control so how could I relax and he said "no matter how many times I take you somewhere, you never learn to ride the gondola, and then you annoy me".

I looked over the edge of the bowl and realized we were about to hit the ground at a very fast speed. Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment