Sunday, March 22, 2009

hats

Last night I dreamed that my friend Eva and I had gone to a small town in Arizona to buy a hat. We were walking down the main street of this small town, looking for a hat shop, when we realized a beauty competition was going on in the town.

As we started to walk in front of the bandstand where the contestants were, we saw a woman who was obviously going to win the contest. She was about 8 feet tall, and her arms and legs could bend into any position. She was singing the song "Margaritaville" for what I guess was the talent part of the competition.

When Eva and I tried to continue down the street, this 8 foot tall woman kept jumping in front of us and then doing kind of the splits, but not really, because her legs would bend in such a way that as she landed her toes would be touching her forehead. Eva and I started getting really annoying because we were in a rush to get our hats because the sun was getting hotter and hotter, but we couldn't get down the street because this stupid woman kept singing Margaritaville over and over and landing in front of us every time we tried to find a new way down the street.

Finally Eva was like "Why didn't we bring Dan (her husband) with us?" We decided to head back to the hotel where we were staying to see if we could find Dan. The crowd started closing in on me and it was so hot I thought I would faint. The sun was really bright and I couldn't see anything but outlines anymore.

Then I woke up.

1 comment:

  1. Darn, I was hoping for a DC shopping experience...the crowd feels robbed.

    ReplyDelete