Saturday, January 31, 2009

blood in the wire

I guess it's not a great idea to watch blood in the wire before bed when I'm really tired and a little drunk.

I had a dream last night that I was an investigator called in to a crime scene because a little boy had been murdered. I got to the crime scene, which was the little boy's house, at night, and everything was really dark. I was carrying a flashlight.

I walked up to the front door and it was opened. I decided I should go inside thinking that maybe everyone else who was at the crime scene would be in the house. It was a white two story house, built in the 1950's.

I started to walk into the door and shone my flashlight behind the door because when I pushed on the door it didn't move. On the other side of the door, at the height of the door knob, was the blond hair of a little boy. I realized he was, I thought, standing with his back to the door. Then I shone the flashlight on his face. His eyes were gone, and where they were supposed to be were two wet maroon holes. They looked like the inside of a nectarine after you pull the pit out. His entire face was criss crossed with black electrical tape in a diamond pattern, like he had his face against a black chain link fence. Then I realized that the little boy was my brother Bob, and that he was taped to the door with the electrical tape.

I stepped back against the door frame in shock, which is when I noticed a key sticking out of the dead bolt on the inside of the door right next to Bob's face. I reached for the key, and right as I pulled it out a man wearing this huge black cape, who had been standing next to Bob but that I hadn't seen in the dark, grabbed both my wrists. He was huge, maybe twice my size. He didn't have a real face, just a flat sheet of skin that had eyes and a mouth crookedly painted on it. He grabbed his cape and wrapped it around me and then I was falling into a hole that was inside his cape. When I put out my hands to grab the sides I realized the hole was my brother's eye socket.

Then I woke up. And decided to not go back to sleep even though it was only 530 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment