Tuesday, December 23, 2008

tuxedo

I had a very vivid dream about you last night.

In the dream we had just gotten married. It was in the spring. You were wearing a black tuxedo. I think I was wearing a long dress that was pale yellow but I'm not sure. You sent me a picture of yourself in a black tux once though it was more like a passport photo and not like a full length picture.

Then we were walking along this dirt path that was on a cliff overlooking a beach. We were somewhere in Russia although I've never been there. I don't know how I knew that's where we were. Anyway, we were walking along in silence and then you started speaking to me, only you were speaking in German and I couldn't understand what you were saying. I started to worry that I had married someone I couldn't talk to. But then, as we walked along and I was listening to you, I started understanding what you were saying, at first just understanding words and then finally whole sentences, and I was relieved and happy.

Then we came to this lake and at the far end we could see a boat house. You said it would be nice to rent a boat and go out on the lake. So we walked through some woods to get to the boat house and I realized none of the trees had leaves on them. I also looked over at you and saw that you were not wearing your tux anymore and that you instead had on a black wool sweater.

We ran into an old man who was pulling a boat out of the water and I told him we were going to rent a boat to go on the lake. He said "You can't rent a boat anymore. It's fall and the boat house is closed." Then I started to worry because I was only supposed to be gone on our honeymoon for a week and now it was already fall because we had somehow lost track of time and I was sure that I was going to get fired from my job. And then you said "Well, it's too late to go back now, we might as well keep walking." So we turned into the woods and started walking into the sun which was going down because it was late afternoon and I couldn't really see where we were going anymore and then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment