Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Jake - home and healthy for the holidays

So, back in September, I was hit by an uninsured motorist while sitting at a red light. The stupid bitch gave me an insurance card, but it turned out it had been cancelled.

So after numerous wranglings with my insurance company, during which time I was traveling and consulting with a client so things were hard, I eventually found out the bitch who hit me had hired a lawyer and was going to pay for the damages to my car.

I took Jakey in to Body Works, located in Denver, on Monday. They are seriously the best body shop ever. They got my car done early (wasn't supposed to be fixed until Friday), did a great job on the repairs (though I was sad to lose my Mountaineer and Johns Hopkin stickers off the bumper), did the repairs for less than the estimate, and even cleaned my car. They vacuumed him, cleaned his windows, and cleaned off the dashboard and the driver's console. And the guy who fixed my car said if I ever wanted to go on a date with him I should give him a call. Though, the woman at the front desk whispered to me after he left "you might want to wait until he breaks up with his girlfriend".

I am so so so happy to have Jake back and fixed. And keeping my fingers crossed that I get my money back.

No comments:

Post a Comment