Monday, December 22, 2008

shoe obsession management plan

I've decided that I can't just go out and buy shoes, because I buy too many, but I can't not buy shoes, which is what I've been doing for the past two years, unless I really needed shoes and I had adult supervision, because now I don't really have any shoes to wear.

So today I came up with a brilliant plan, which will go into effect 1 Jan 2009, that will require I document my plan for buying a shoe. I've included a sample plan here in case anyone else out there wants to use it.

Pink Sandal Shoe Purchase Plan
Business Justification
I don't have any pink sandals, and every time I open a fashion magazine, I can't help but think I need a pair. If I were to purchase pink sandals they would fill the following requirements:
  1. I would be able to get through airport security faster since sandals are easy to take off, meaning I have more time to work in the airport, increasing productivity
  2. My feet would be healthier as it's not great to enclose a poor foot in a shoe all day meaning less sick days
  3. If my customer put an important document up on a high shelf I could still reach it, making my consulting engagements more successful
  4. No one really steals pink sandals so I would never have to worry that I might be at a client site and not have shoes because someone stole them.
Proposed Solution
I have determined after doing thorough research for two hours on the internet that the following shoe is the one that should be purchased (Manolo's, $1,900). It meets safety requirements, height requirements, and the bow provides a useful engineering feature.


Alternative Solutions

This Christian Louboutin sandal ($900) might have worked, except that all those feathers might make my feet itch, thereby distracting me from working. Also, I might get attacked by a cat who thinks my foot is one of those play things from Pet Smart. The injuries I would likely sustain would cause me to miss at least a week of work.



This Christian Dior sandal ($800) is okay, but I'm worried that the wood used to make the sole of this shoe might have come from an endangered forest. I would rather not be responsible for a tree getting cut down just so I could have a shoe.
Next Steps
Someone needs to send me a check for $1,900 or those Manolo's. Size 8. The goal would be to have completion of this task before close of 4th quarter 2008.












No comments:

Post a Comment