Thursday, December 25, 2008

new year's resolution progress

I like to be ahead of schedule so after posting my resolutions I got right to work on them. Here's my progress so far:
  • I haven't stolen any straws from Starbucks. Though, I haven't been to Starbucks. But when I fly out on Sunday I'm going to try to not steal any when I walk by Starbucks on my way to the gate.
  • I procured DVDs of a course in astronomy taught by a professor at Berkley. The DVDs are hopefully on their way as I write this (www.teach12.com - check it out, the Chaos course is great and I got a copy of that too).
  • I have a rough draft of one book proposal and will be working on my other proposal this weekend.
  • I'm working on getting my friends to set me up with their single friends. I have one victim lined up for a meeting, though, other than being an ice climber he doesn't meet any of my qualifications. With any luck he will have some good looking friends.
  • My dear friend Neil gave me a quick tutorial on painting when I spoke to him on Tuesday night. We are planning a painting weekend where I will go to his house and he will teach me how to paint. I might try to buy some painting stuff tomorrow. I already thought of two things that I want to paint.
  • I haven't been untying my shoes, but they are all broken anyway. At some point, maybe next week, I will try to go to a store and buy a new pair of shoes, which I will untie.

No comments:

Post a Comment