Saturday, March 14, 2015

there's a reason I always keep my house clean

I had a bunch of errands to do today, my last one being a trip to the post office. On my way back I saw my next door neighbor outside and we started talking. Then a couple came by and my neighbor introduced us. The couple live two blocks from me and, as it happens, they are in the process of redoing their kitchen AND they run the house tour for my neighborhood.

My neighbor suggested I give them a tour of my house, so I did. They loved it and want me to be on the next house tour. The husband said my house is the most unique property in our neighborhood (most people decorate with traditional Victorian stuff - expensive but not creative). The wife took tons of pictures of my kitchen and bathrooms and said she was going to steal some ideas from me (I gave a lot of props to Christine - maybe they'll work with her).

Maybe after I pay off my mortgage I'll do some design work. Although I am getting excited about my data analysis (data visualization) class. It's one of the few things I've done at work that I thought "I could do this the rest of my life and be happy." I never thought I'd do anything but enterprise architecture...

No comments:

Post a Comment