Thursday, February 26, 2015

dmv was...easy

This morning I decided to go to the DMV to get my real license plates. I thought it would be a good morning to go since it snowed last night, the roads were kind of suck, and schools were closed.

I got there at 7:30 and there were 4 people already there, including a guy who was just wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt. It was 8 degrees outside. The guy who was at the head of the line was really excited. He said "I've never been first in any line before!" And then a few moments later he said "They'll probably tell me I don't have the right paperwork." That ended up being true, he brought the wrong insurance card (it was for his old car, not his new one).

Luckily the dealer transfer of my car information went through and in 10 minutes I had my license plates (I brought my old plates in with me and asked the woman to not give me another "MEN" license plate - my old license plates were "number number number MEN"). She laughed and gave me a really cool license plate. The whole transaction took 2 minutes.

I would add that after she processed me there was no one behind me. I could have gotten to the DMV at 8:05 and not waited at all. Oh well.

Another thing off my to do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment