Sunday, February 22, 2015

about Bob

To brag a little about my other brother Bob...

This week I was given an insane work assignment. I had been researching it (it's something to do with migrating Lotus Notes apps to sharepoint) and trying to figure out how to complete the deliverable. I wasn't making much progress. So I reached out to my brother Bob to get some advice.

First, I was glad he confirmed the assignment was insane (I wasn't given enough information to do the assignment, and the info that I asked for, and was told I didn't need, Bob confirmed I did need). Then he spent two hours on Saturday helping me come up with something (and while we were on the call his water heater pipe burst - it's that fucking cold where he lives - but he kept helping me instead of worrying about having no hot water).

Anyway, the assignment has been causing me major stress and it was nice to have someone to turn to to help me. And I think what he came up with is great.

It's nice to be in a family of geniuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment