Saturday, March 29, 2014

adventures in craigslisting

My colleague is still in search of work, and I often use emails to him to procrastinate putting shit on craigslist because I find it boring. Our email exchange (he tends to comment in my emails rather than respond in his own email):

Me: Okay, gotta get back to the task at hand which is putting some of my stuff on ebay. I am the worst at writing item descriptions. I start out with some random, rambling story to get people's attention but then fail to put in useful information like sizes or measurements.
 
> So you're probably the source for some of the famous Craig's List ads then?
 
I just sold my versa climber on craigslist today. Sorry to see it go but I can't do it with my knee anymore. I was worried the guy who came to look at it would be a serial murderer but he was just an overweight programmer looking for exercise equipment. He almost fell off the versa climber while trying it out which was a bit nerve racking as I'm not sure my home owner's insurance would cover that. Was hoping my dear machine would go to a better home.

> A better one missed, but at least its a "needy" one...
 
Oh well. He paid me in part with a $50 bill and I realized I've never in my life been in possession of a bill that was over $20. I had to look at it closely because I've never seen one before.

>  Just had a $100 the other day - a shower gift...  It is strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment