Tuesday, March 25, 2014

nothing says "thank you" like a drink of death

I have a neighbor that I do jobs for, like fixing plumbing stuff and working on her swamp cooler. I got an email from her on Friday. The wind storms we had last week caused part of her fence to collapse and she wondered if I might be able to fix it.

fence was all fucked up
 Even though I don't know anything about fences I told her I would give it the old college try. I managed to get it put back together with a few brackets and stuff. It's not perfect but she's going to have the whole top part of the fence replaced this summer.

at least it's sort of back together now
She offered me money for fixing it, which made me feel really embarrassed and of course I didn't take it. So she said she was going to make me a nutri bullet drink. I had no idea what that was but it sounded interesting so I was like "cool!" She brought it over to my house as I was putting my tools away. I took a cautious, tiny sip to be polite and immediately my tongue started swelling. I asked what was in the drink.

"Pear, avocado, almonds, honey, and milk (plus some other stuff)." How nice, I thought, about the only food I have a severe allergy to that wasn't in the drink is shellfish.

I went inside and took 2 benedryl which is making me feel super hyper. I did not say anything to my neighbor about my allergies.

FH texted me:  

Nothing says thank you like a poison drink. Is she from ancient Rome?

Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment