Sunday, April 6, 2014

adventures in moving and mulch

While it might seem that I've been slacking off lately because I haven't updated my blog in a while, it's quite the opposite. I've sold all my stuff on ebay except for two items (only one doesn't have a bid). And I've also made my first bid ever (for a collection of great white shark teeth with a known provenance - sea world in the 80s of all places).

AND, I moved my treadmill desk to my house and redid my office:

treadmill desk, pre-glitter paint

office, before

I added a white board to the wall using that white board paint - it was messy to work with so it better fucking work or I'm going to be pissed - can't write on it until tomorrow

treadmill desk in my office!

desk is cooler now that it has glitter on it

it's a little tight but I can vacuum on both sides of the treadmill AND still have room for my shredder and printer
The other thing I did was re-mulch my lawn with that rubber mulch. Supposedly it keeps the bugs away, doesn't break down, and is better for the plants because it doesn't retain moisture and get moldy.

On the potentially negative side, I am a little worried my yard will smell like tires come this summer. Which is still better than my neighbor's yard, which smells like dog shit because they never clean up after their dogs.

50 bags of mulch and three trips to home depot...the last trip an employee named Pedro felt sorry for me and helped me pack this last load of mulch in my car - when I offered him money he looked surprised and said "no, it is my job to help you" - for the record I did it on the down low so he wouldn't get in trouble for taking it - Pedro is a good guy

the mulch mobile...

I guess this picture would have been more interesting if I had taken a before shot so you could see how crap the yard was looking

No comments:

Post a Comment