Monday, March 25, 2013

shit I didn't need to know about cow heads

On a related barn yard animal topic, I would like to mention a recent disturbing discovery.

In 2007 I was dating a guy who had a friend who was super rich because he designed the chairs used in the fast food place Chipotle. I had never heard of, much less been to, Chipotle so the dude I was dating insisted we go there post haste.

Initially I ordered a vegetarian burrito, which sucked. So the next time we went there he suggested I have the barbacoa burrito. It was good.

During the barbecuing of my egg rolls last week a conversation ensued between my friend, who is an amazing cook, and this red head dude (who can supposedly steal souls because he's a redhead) who does some great shit with game meat that he shoots himself and apparently drags out of the woods for miles with his dog named Doc who's never had sex (I know this because I watched him have "not have sex sex" with a female lab named Norma (after Marilyn Monroe)).

The conversation was about the soul stealer's new recipe for barbacoa beef made in a slow cooker (my friend and soul stealer are both foodies who talk non stop about food when they aren't talking about sex, motorcycles, and sex, oh, did I mention sex already, then, um, the third thing they talk about is micro brews).

I told my friend "you should totally get that recipe!" (for the barbacoa beef, not sex)

because I thought I liked barbacoa beef.

When I mentioned the need to procure the recipe again on Saturday (friend's initial response: "I cook you all kinds of shit and now you're telling me to get a recipe from a soul stealer?") someone mentioned that barbacoa is beef cheeks.

Not cow ass cheeks. Like. Their. Fucking. Cheeks. On their faces cheeks.

Who THE FUCK eats ANYONE'S cheeks?????? Besides SERIAL MURDERERS.

(fish excepted, they're just fucking fish, fish cheeks are good)

Apparently me.

Aforementioned so called friend had told me, when I asked about where on the cow was barbacoa beef, since he seems to have the anatomy down about all animals and what the parts you can eat are called, and I quote:

"Barbacoa is just a style of cooking beef. It's just steak with seasoning."

And then he took me out for some barbacoa tacos.

Which sucks because I was like "Bastard! You ordered me cow face tacos!" and he was like "And you loved them!"

I don't think I'm a serial murderer.

But, don't ask me to babysit your kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment