Saturday, January 19, 2013

what's with all the orcas?

I keep having dreams about great whites and orcas (mortal enemies, those two).

Last night I dreamed that I was on a fishing boat in a hurricane, and we were supposed to keep all the ports shut, but I was outside, starboard, and the boat dipped into the water. I saw a great white looking up at me (I was standing in water up to my knees) so I reached out and pet the great white on the head. Then an orca jumped over the boat and I was like "that was so cool!" So the great white bit my hand (I was wearing a mitten, actually) and wouldn't let go because it was jealous I liked the orca better. The captain ran outside and was like "what the fuck are you doing out here?!? You'll drown in those seas if you go overboard!"

(which is true, I've been outside on a boat in a hurricane)

The great white let go of my hand and waved his pectoral fin as if beckoning someone behind him. Suddenly about 10 huge mantas showed up next to the great white, who said, "Meet my friends, we're cooler than the orca!"

I was like "yeah, yawn" because I wanted the orca to come back. Then the captain of the boat yanked me inside the galley and nailed plywood over the windows.

After the captain left I ripped the plywood off one of the windows with my fingers so I could see what was going on outside. The great white and the orca kept jumping over the bow. I couldn't decide which one I liked best.

Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment