Sunday, January 13, 2013

it's all fun and games until the car gets totaled

A friend of mine came into Denver last night so we could have dinner. I had walked to the restaurant but he insisted on giving me a ride since it was colder than fuck when we left.

Also, he has always been under the impression I live in a bad neighborhood so he didn't want me to walk home in the dark. I was like "my neighborhood is TOTALLY safe." So he dropped me at my front step and stayed to make sure I got into my house. As I was opening my door there was a huge CRASH noise. He was like "what the FUCK was that??????"

The crash was a car accident. A big insane guy rear ended some woman almost right in front of my house and then got out of his car and started yelling at her, my friend and I, and another neighbor who came out to see what happened. Someone called the cops (my bb was buried in my backpack). Then the guy got back into his car and drove away from the scene and it was like something out of a movie. First he pushed the car he hit out of the way with his huge car and then he drove over some sidewalks and shit, fishtailing down the street. Awesome cop car chase ensued because there was a police car with its lights off less than 50 feet from the scene. The cop did a u-turn, ran over someone's lawn, and then drove the wrong way down the street after the guy.

My friend was like "I think I'll leave now". He seemed slightly traumatized.

No comments:

Post a Comment