Sunday, November 25, 2012

we've got a book for that

Over the course of my week at my parents' house I mentioned I am trying to learn more about the civil war and the making of the hydrogen bomb (I used to know a lot about that but have forgotten over the years). And my friend Cam gave me the other two Stieg Larsson books but I didn't have the first one in the series, which I mentioned to my mom.

And I said that I had to find some tile samples for my back splash because I have to pick a back splash by, like, yesterday.

Which is how I ended up with a suitcase that's 2 pounds overweight (tile samples weigh a lot):

Straws, a cute hat, and pink lululemon socks...what more does a girl need for travel? Oh yeah, max freeze, which I LOVE more than my last 3 boyfriends.
So I had to shove all my books in my backpack, which now weighs more than my suitcase:
Dark Sun, Chancellorsville 1863, Book of 5 Ring, Portrait of a Lady, Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Enterprise Architecture Strategies - fuck off, I DO own a kindle, and a tablet. I like real books.

Hopefully I'll get through airport security before my spine is destroyed...should have taken my dad up on his offer to fedex the books to me. Why did I let that woman at Colorado Luggage talk me into such a big backpack?

Oh yeah, because I can fit 6 bottles of wine in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment