Tuesday, November 27, 2012

back splash drama

On top of having to leave for the airport at 930 this morning (yes, I did just fly back to Denver last night - at least I got 12 hours at home before traveling again) I had to pick my back splash and get that done today.

I had picked two tiles and only received one sample. So this morning I was like fuck it, that's the sample that came, I guess that's the tile.

Of course, I had no idea how much it cost or what the availability was...

It was $600 over budget. Shocker.

And then I found out there are only 50 square feet of that tile left in the entire US. I was like are you fucking kidding me????? I had to order it this morning (I needed 40 sq ft) and of course the tile company is charging a fuck load of money to ship it.

But do I care? No. I just want my kitchen to be done.

Side note: how come everything I picked, from appliances (refrigerator and hood extension), to counter top, to back splash, is being discontinued????

No comments:

Post a Comment