Thursday, April 30, 2009

downward dog

Tonight as I was exiting the room that comprises the hotel gym, or should I say "gym", after doing my cardio I ran into Bones. He was sitting outside the gym door, perhaps I flatter myself, waiting for me. I'm not sure how he escaped the evil clutches of the cheerleaders but he did.

I was telling him about my cardio routine and he followed me right into my room. I told him he could hang out but that I had to finish my work out. I got into downward dog position, and told Bones he might want to try yoga since he's still young and limber. But he seemed to think I was making some kind of human dog house, because he crawled underneath me and laid down. Then I went into plank and tried to tell him that my next move was into cobra, and that he was going to have to move. But instead of moving he rolled over on his back and was like scratch my belly.

I told him that I would pet him as soon as I finished my workout but he wasn't listening. I decided to fore go cobra and just get my bicycle crunches done. It was hard though because Bones thought I was playing some kind of game with him. Every time I would extend my foot out he would try to smack it down with his paw. And when I was doing my 100s he kept trying to grab my hands with his mouth, and when I told him to stop he decided to stand next to my head and lick my ear.

So I said that I was going to do some crunches and then end my workout. While I was doing crunches Bones decided that he should jump on my bed. Then he ran around and made the pillows all messed up. I was like you are totally not allowed to jump on the bed and he said that he was allowed because he's a puppy.

After my crunches I showed Bones a you tube vid of a shark getting attacked by an octopus. I think he liked it because he was wagging his tail and trying to put his paws on my keyboard. Then we laid down on the bed and watched a show called modern marvels. Eventually the manager came to collect him. I was reminding Bones to brush his teeth before bed and he sneezed and blew dog snot all over the bottom of my yoga pants.

I talked to the manager for a few more minutes, and Bones fell asleep in the hallway. The manager had to pick him up and carry him out to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment