Tuesday, April 28, 2009

cheerleaders take bones

So I rushed home right after class to go see Puppy. Since I had to leave the hotel at 530 this am I left before he got there.

It turns out, Puppy has a new name. And no, it isn't Dogdaf, but it's not Buddy either. His name is Bones because he's so skinny. Here's a picture of Bones eating a pretzel. I tried to take a good picture of him but he won't sit still. This other picture is Bones with the manager holding him. Isn't he just so cute?

And that's apparently what the billion million high school cheerleaders who descended on my hotel today for reasons yet to be ascertained thought as well. They came running into the lobby, carrying a radio (seriously, who carries radios anymore?), listening to Michael Jackson's "I'm Bad".

"Ohhhhh!" they squealed "A PUPPY!" The manager looked at me and said "Can you make that noise stop?" The answer was no. They skipped over en masse, sending Bones to cower under a chair. I was like "Do you want me to take him to my room?" I was thinking Bones could eat more
pretzels while I did yoga and then we could go for a walk.

But, the manager is weak. One look at the cheerleader skirts and suddenly THEY were the ones who got to take Bones to their rooms. I obviously don't want to fight with some teenagers over a dog I won't ever see again after Saturday morning. I decided to go for a run instead, and felt much better afterwards.

And I couldn't have taken Bones running with me because he doesn't want to wear a collar.

I wonder what they're doing to Bones right now. I hope they aren't dressing him up. I hope they remember to brush his teeth.



No comments:

Post a Comment