Thursday, December 18, 2008

some pennies (since we're in a depression) for your thoughts

I did something bad at my client site today. I was wondering why my bag was so heavy and discovered I was carrying around about $50 worth of pennies (including canadian currency). I pulled them all out of my bag and piled them in my visitor's cube, trying to figure out my next move.

When suddenly, I spied a row of cubes decorated for the christian holiday of Christmas. Now, I will admit, I have a personal bias against anyone who turns their cube into a home away from home. Even in the moments where I had a desk that I stayed at for more than a few weeks, the only personal things I would put up would be a chart I downloaded off the internet regarding the radius of different kinds of bomb blasts (http://www.dni.gov/reports.htm) and a picture of Gadd climbing up something ridiculous and looking, facially, like some one had just stuck a pitchfork into his ass.

Outside the cube was a row of christmas socks that people put presents in. So, I decided to leave some presents. I distributed the pennies between all the socks. Then I put some pretzels in there too. Then, I ate a candy cane that was on one of the desks and put the wrapper in the last sock.

I hope these people will donate their change to charity. And, the candy cane was totally stale. That made me sad.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, but you also decorated your cube with pictures of sharks!

    ReplyDelete