Monday, December 15, 2008

flakers beware

This past week was fairly trying, and I was looking forward to a visit from a friend, let's just call him A (for asshole), who said he really wanted to come visit me in Miami.

A was supposed to arrive Thursday, we were going to go to Key West for the weekend, and then he was going to fly home Tuesday. He likes to tell me how much he wants to see me.

Well, Monday I hadn't heard from him so I called and sent an email. No response. I did the same on Tuesday. Still nothing. Thursday comes and goes, no A. Finally, Friday morning, I get an email from him saying he isn't coming.

Had I known he wasn't coming I would have invited someone else to come stay with me. Instead I ended up hanging out at Key West by myself because I have an asshole for a friend. This on the heels of Banff...

So, for the new year, I've started a black list, for people who flake on me. I'm really tired of people being selfish and having no thought for others. Anyone who ends up on the black list gets none of my time or energy until they do something that makes me not want to kick them in the nuts. I spend way too much energy on people who really don't give a fuck, and these days I don't have much to spare, so I am resorting to these measures, which I wish I had put into place years ago. And I think everyone else should start boycotting flakers. It's the only way we can bring about a positive change.

And flaking, for the record, is not cute, amusing, forgivable because you're an irresponsible asshole, or acceptable. People who flake are self centered and don't care about inconveniencing others. And being busy is not a reason to flake. Saturday was the first day in 3 months that I haven't worked at all. And I still find time for my friends, or to tell them I don't have time for them. So, fuck flakers. F2. Go ahead, put it on a t-shirt, don't give me royalties, I just want to get the message across.

No comments:

Post a Comment