Monday, December 3, 2007

Staple Face

Today I was walking to work and I saw a girl coming out of the unemployment office. My office happens to be right across from this particular unemployment office due to my office also being within spitting distance of Reliant stadium in Houston, TX (concrete capitol of the world, also home of the world's largest pigeon collection, I wouldn't order the chicken if I was you).



As you may recall, Reliant stadium hosted many people from Hurricane Katrina until Barbara Bush looked around and noticed there were a lot more black people in her hometown and got upset (http://urbanlegends.about.com/b/2005/09/08/barbara-bush-on-hurricane-katrina-refugees.htm - NPR, you heard it first).

In any case, this girl was wearing a shirt that said "I'm too pretty to work". While I applaud the sentiment of the t-shirt, I have to protest that it was inappropriate for the wearer. More truthful would have been something like "I decorated my face with a stapler and now I can't get a job". Whenever I see a kid with so many piercings I can't help but think "you recycled your braces! nice!"

I guess that's why I don't have any friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment