Wednesday, July 1, 2015

out PINSMed by a crafty person

Yesterday I walked into the ladies' room to put some eye drops in my eyes. A woman was standing at the counter at the sink to the left so I took the sink to the right. As I started to put in the eye drops she said "this is a happy accident for you to come in when you did". Then she put an envelope down on the counter in front of me.

well, I didn't ACTUALLY find it
I took it back to my desk and opened it:

front of the card

inside of the card
My cube mate C said "that would have totally made my day!" and the guys said "I think they're putting those out for suicide prevention week" and I didn't know what to make of it. Except that maybe some crafter just took my PINSMs to the next level (when I first started PINSMs I used to leave them in random places around the office).

Last night I showed it to my friend Cam at dinner and she said "I think you should put it out somewhere else and let someone else find it, then you can pass it around the whole office". I thought it was a great idea so this morning I wandered around for 5 minutes trying to find the perfect place to put it. Because the people I work with can be a bit messy in the break room I decided to leave it on the xerox machine. I kept checking on it all day but no one took it. Then a guy I work with said "that's a STUPID place to put it - people are going to think someone left it there on accident!"

I told him to go fuck himself. I'm sure eventually someone will take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment