Monday, January 5, 2015

finally closer to 2015

This past week I've been very busy updating my stuff.

I finally got a "smart" phone (droid maxx) because 1) it was free and 2) my brother Steve got me addicted to freakonomics and other podcasts that I couldn't listen to on my blackberry. When I went into the Verizon store the guy who helped me said "we've been waiting since July of 2013 for you to come in." I asked why and he said I was their only customer that still had a blackberry. He insisted on checking to see if I could get any money for my blackberry (answer: $0).

Also, since I sold a bunch of stuff on craigslist and because they were on huge sale I bought a rowing machine. It was pretty easy to put together, but I'm not entirely sure where in my house it will end up. Right now it's in the kitchen. I can just hear my architect saying "why are you trying to turn your kitchen into a gym?" I just used it for 15 minutes (got to build up my arms for surf camp!!!!) and have a feeling I will not be able to lift them tomorrow.

On new years day my friend Cam and I went to see the movie Wild in a theater. I realized it has been about 10 years since I went to a movie theater. The movie was good. Maybe I should go to the movies more often. She also took me to dinner on Saturday and lunch (columbian place that just opened near her house) on Sunday. In exchange I helped her organize her garage which also involved cutting a bunch of carpeting up into pieces that we could put in her trash cans. And I got 8 really nice ceramic pots as a result of the garage cleaning (Cam didn't want them anymore). I'm going to use them for my herb garden this summer.

Finally, and this is the real shocker, I bought a new car. It's a xv cross trek. I had some extra things installed so I'm hoping I can pick the car up tomorrow or Wednesday. I bought the car on Friday, which ended up being a good thing because I was the only customer at the dealership. It's sapphire blue with a leather interior.

When I walked into the dealership I was immediately approached by a sales guy and I said "I haven't been in a car dealership since 1999 and my brothers were scaring me about how horrible it might be to buy a new car." Luckily the sales guy was nice and walked me through everything. He did seem a little terrified on our test drive because I kept driving through the slushiest, snowiest, iciest patches I could find on the road (survey is out on the stock tires for my new car, may just sell them and get Michelins which I have on Jake and love). Anyway, the car only has 3 miles on it (from my test drive).

I would also mention as I was leaving the dealership they said "see you in 14 years!" since I kept Jakey for 14 years...


No comments:

Post a Comment