Friday, July 18, 2014

an experience with amber

I was sitting on my couch last night (walked for 8 hours yesterday, exhausting!) watching the red riding trilogy (pick up something new every time) when I heard this horrible noise that sounded like those weather alerts you hear on the radio (boop beep beep screeeee scrEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE). I was like where the fuck is that coming from? Then my blackberry lit up and started vibrating.

Of course my first thought was did one of my brothers hack my phone to fuck with me???? Then I realized it was an amber alert. Soon after my phone stopped making that horrible noise I received a text and then an email with the amber alert information. It was not very clear from an informational perspective (something about amber alert, Oklahoma, what I think was a license plate number, and then the rest was just gibberish). I tried to save it but it automatically deleted off my phone.

Minutes after receiving the text / email helicopters started circling my neighborhood and that went on for about an hour.

This is what the amber alert was about. Maybe the alerts we receive in Colorado aren't as good as those in Oklahoma, or maybe mine got garbled somehow. This was a comment on the linked story:

Amber Alert Indeed! Yesterday morning driving on an Oklahoma freeway, the Amber Alert signs lit up. Then last evening around 8:30 pm my cell phone started beeping like a tornado was enroute. What popped up was a very specific Amber Alert for this baby, with the license number and specific description of the car.


Another commenter on the story said the kidnapped kid was found...

No comments:

Post a Comment