Tuesday, June 17, 2014

more treadmill repairs

It appears, after 5 months of use, that I have burned out the motor on my treadmill. Luckily the motor has a lifetime warranty and the guy who fixed the incline gave me insider information so I was able to get a better, bigger replacement motor. It arrived today and the same guy will be installing the new motor. He knows how enthusiastic I am about my treadmill so he rearranged his appointments so he can come fix it tomorrow morning at 10 o'clock.

I should be able to get in at least 14 miles tomorrow!

And, on another note, I got up early this morning to do some editing on the prologue for my children's book. I fixed up a few things but when I re-read it I didn't think it was as bad as I did last night. I was not in the mood to write last night but forced myself and now am glad.

Time to find a writer group, or do something...I'm hoping to write a good pitch and maybe get myself invited back to the new york pitch fest. Part of me thinks maybe this book is an easier sell than my memoir and part of me thinks this will be another adventure in frustration and failure. I can just hear some expert saying a prologue to a book should only be one page...

Oh well, anyone who thinks being a writer is easy has never been a writer.

Thinking positive thoughts and soldiering on.

No comments:

Post a Comment