Tuesday, May 20, 2014

work, walk, and lube

My new swamp cooler has finally been installed! Hooray! And as soon as the rain from the storm we had dries up I will take a picture of it. I also had new vents installed inside my house, but am going to have to do some repainting and dry wall patching because they're slightly smaller than the vents I used to have.

I also got my treadmill fixed today (for free!). The incline wasn't working. The guy who came to fix it is as enthusiastic about treadmills as I am and told me about all these things I could do to make my treadmill better. He also put in a work order to get me a new motor because my existing one ticks (it's a slight annoyance, but why not get a new motor, especially since it's free and an upgrade to the one I have).

he seemed surprised at the amount of mileage on my treadmill and dubious that it was just me using it so I showed him my fitbit status in the colorado group - my goal is to be in the top 5 by June
He also said "oh, you've got the best lube! and you got the wand!" Haha. I ordered a product called lube n walk for my treadmill (you have to put lube under the belt - I do this once a week). It's pretty cool, you put the lube on this wand contraption thing, slide it under the treadmill belt, and slide it down the length of the belt. One side lubricates the deck and the other side wipes dirt off the underside of the belt. I like killing two birds with one stone. He told me the lube that normally normally comes with treadmills isn't as good as what I have and is so thick it can cause the belt to stick to the deck which is exactly what the lube is supposed to present.

He said "I have to give you this tube of lube but you can throw it away when I leave." At every service call he has to give clients the crap lube that comes with the treadmill. Maybe that's a way for the company to get your belt to wear out so they make more money, I don't know.

And, he said it was "excessive" to vacuum out the motor compartment every week. What ever.

Now the only thing I have left to fix is my sprinkler. The overflow valve is leaking. That's getting done next week. I was going to try to fix it myself but am afraid I might break it and that would be an even more costly repair so fuck it, I hired a professional. I did research how to fix it and came across this lovely instruction step. I keep repeating it to myself for reasons unknown to me:

yes, let's place a bonnet on the poppet and load it on a rocket
Finally, Jess sent me this pic from the jazz festival. At first I thought it was because it showed the food tent, and she was like "no, look, there's you slaving away at the stove!" Fucking asperger's. I didn't even realize I was in the picture until she pointed me out.
note the paper towels and you can almost see the sanitizing spray sitting RIGHT behind me - I should have recognized myself because of that...

1 comment: