Sunday, June 1, 2014

I love paint and plants

On tuesday I was going to do some ironing and noticed that the hamper I keep my wrinkled stuff in, which is 17 years old, was looking kind of crap. Then I noticed the trash can in the laundry room also looked like crap. Then I spilled pink nail polish in the trash can in my room so I was like "fuck it, I have a Home Depot gift certificate". I got some spray paint and went to work.

very cool spray paint

hamper, I tried to clean it so it would look nicer but the paint came off

$3 trash cans I got from Ikea in 2001 - they're rusting

nail polish disaster

post painting - they look so cool!
And since I was painting I decided to repaint all my window sills since the plants / cacti have made a mess on them. I coated them with polyurethane this time so they'll be easy to keep clean.

But the painting of the window sills required me to move all my plants outside and I decided to re-pot them (I did not know you were supposed to re-pot house plants at least once a year to refresh the soil until I took a gardening class). I have them all outside until the window sills dry. Might leave them out for the summer, I'll see how they do getting real sunlight.

I put the old shelves from my office outside - the plants seem to like it out there so far

I transplanted all of them into larger pots I had laying around...might use these pots to start an herb garden using seeds
I also went to the nursery and got some arugula seeds (apparently no one sells arugula around here that's already grown - I called a bunch of places and no one had any). Funnily, the woman who owns the nursery where I got the seeds said she'd never tried arugula. I was like "hmm" and she said "I hate vegetables, but this year I decided I'm going to try kale".

How can you own a nursery and hate vegetables?????????????????

an herb garden with chives, arugula, arugula seeds, and chives seeds...could be a disaster or might turn out great

tomato and raspberries seem to be coming along...well, at least they're still alive

No comments:

Post a Comment