Wednesday, August 15, 2012

why I will not eat at mici's again

Last Friday night I ordered a pizza from Mici's to be delivered. They have really good pizza. The wait time is usually long, but more so on Friday (1 1/2 hours).

The pizza was $24, $27 including the tip. I should have looked at the pizza BEFORE I tipped the asshole who delivered it. I guess he had been holding the box sideways. All the toppings were slopped on one side of the pizza and all over the box. And they had left off the basil topping (which cost $2.50).

I sent an email to Mici's complaining about my pizza (calling there on a Friday night is ridiculous - you sit on hold forever). They responded in an hour apologizing. If I had asked for a new pizza it would have been 11 PM before I got it. They said they would send me a gift certificate instead. I sent them a picture of the pizza in response so they could see I wasn't making the story up.

A few days later I got the "gift certificate". It was for a free personal pizza. What????? I paid $27 for a pizza that only had 2 edible slices (the other topping covered slices were so soaked with sauce and melted cheese that I couldn't even get them off the bottom of the pizza box and the ones that were just crust...well why would I eat crust?). And they send me an $8 coupon? I order from them at least once a week, sometimes more if people are over. A few times they've accidentally undercharged me and I always corrected them and paid the right price.

Further, because I order from them so much I get free personal pizzas every few months. I always give them away because those tiny pizzas turn out to be half crust and half toppings (not a big fan of crust in and of itself).

What they SHOULD have done is refunded my money for the pizza, or at least given me a gift certificate for the size of pizza I ordered and fine, I'd pay for toppings.

Fuck you Mici's. In this economy screwing your customers is a bad idea.

Anyway, a new sushi place just opened that delivers to my house. Guess what I'm having for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment