Wednesday, May 30, 2012

please don't break my toilet

No good deed goes unpunished.

I let my neighbor stay in my house because she's in town and her house is rented out and she had nowhere to stay.

First she invited her daughter to stay at my place, meaning when I get home at late o'clock Friday I'll have to change the sheets on my bed.

Then I got this email this morning:

"The toilet downstairs wouldn't turn off, so I manually turned it off.  But now it won't come back on.  Is there a trick to turning the spigot? 
 
It's got brown water in it now.  Sorry.  I hope I can get it properly flushed before leaving."
 
I sent her an email back and told her to dump water into the toilet to manually flush it. I really don't want to get home to a bathroom smelling like "brown water".
 
Ech. All I have to do is leave home and shit (hee) breaks. 

On the bright side, I got an offer letter from my new company. The down side is I can't move forward until I take a drug test which I was supposed to take yesterday but I'm in the middle of nowhere California and the closest drug testing facility is in Los Angeles and they are only open from 9 - 3:30. Since I'm working all day I can't just leave and drive 4 hours to and from the testing lab. Will likely have to take the test next week in Florida. Hopefully I can talk a colleague with a car into driving me to and from the lab since I won't have a rental car.

No comments:

Post a Comment