Thursday, May 31, 2012

color me FUCKING PISSED OFF

Why do I live in a building with a bunch of idiots? Because I can't kill them.

Today the painters were supposed to start painting my building. I sent an email out to everyone with the schedule. My neighbor who was staying at my house said she would give the painter our house colors we picked. I left for Cali Sunday figuring everything was under control.

But of course, nothing goes as planned. The dick who lives next door to me decided he wants to do some brick work on his house. Though he's known FOR TWO MONTHS that painting would start this week he waited until FRIDAY to decide to get estimates. That threw off our schedule by three weeks and I'm not even convinced he's really going to get the work done. Meanwhile, he told the painters, who were doing prep work today, to go home which caused the painter to call me right in the middle of the class I'm teaching. Then dick face sent a bunch of shitty emails to me because apparently he didn't read any of the emails I sent him saying the prep work would start but the painting wouldn't until his brick work is done. My neighbor didn't get a chance to give the painter the colors and the guy on the other side of me didn't bother to answer my email asking him to do it until the painters left.

So I just spent another 45 minutes of my life that I'll never get back trying to straighten the whole mess out.

I'm so glad I'm quitting my job soon. Given the way this engagement is going and the shit with the building getting painted I might have a nervous breakdown. Not one goddamn person in the building is helping, and they are all making the job harder.

Maybe I should move.

No comments:

Post a Comment