Friday, March 30, 2012

oh just MAKE IT FUCKING STOP

So, at 5:15 pm today, FRIDAY, my client decided to upgrade the software I support. Of course he screwed up and caused a licensing issue and I had to dig around the guts of Windows 7 for 2 hours to fix the problem. Had not intended to work until 7 pm. Oh well. I like working 12 hours a day.

And, for some reason, my new laptop is so fucked up I can't project on a projector (that started today, randomly) and items on menus in my installed applications just disappear and I can't get them to come back.

Oh, and my customer had to give me a license for Visio because I can't get one through my company and I need Visio for work I have to do this weekend. Really? My client is paying for my software licenses? I hate my company some times. Glad I have an interview on Wednesday.

The good news, I guess, is that I was given a Labs award from my company for a software integration I created in my spare time. They'll sell it for millions. I'm supposed to be happy because the award is very prestigious. They did give me some money for it. I'm going to use it to buy a sub zero under the counter refrigerator when I redo my kitchen in the summer.

No, seriously, I'm going to redo my kitchen.

I know I've been saying that for like 6 years but this time I'm not lying.

No comments:

Post a Comment