Thursday, January 19, 2012

rain man?

I've often suspected certain members of my family, who shall not be named here, are autistic. Like, is it normal for a 28 year old to have 6 software patents? Didn't think so.

But this past summer while I was on my lighthouse retreat I met a woman who has a son with asperger's who is also a therapist. She said I had it.

And they just did this cool story on NPR about people with autism that try to have romantic relationships. I was listening to some of the comments thinking "hm, sounds familiar".

So I took an asperger's test a few minutes ago (long day, training problem still not solved, no idea what I'm going to do tomorrow). The score for a normal person is 16. Asperger's score is 32. I scored....

45.

Ech. Seriously? Maybe that's what's wrong with me. The weird thing is a component of asperger's is to have a child like imagination. So, maybe my kid's book will suck less than my other book. Got another rejection today...

No comments:

Post a Comment