Friday, January 20, 2012

incompetence, part II

I got an email at 630 this morning from IT saying they set up a training environment for my class. The sales woman on the thread said "you are my hero!" to the IT guy. Like, why, because he did his fucking job?

So I logged on to the training environment and discovered the image the IT guy uploaded had
1. exercise files for EVERY class but the one I was teaching
2. an expired license (meaning, no one could use the software)

I was like are you GODDAMN KIDDING ME???????

So I sent the files that needed to be added to the IT guy. How FUCKING long does it take to drop them in the training environment? About 6 seconds. Instead, he didn't do it until 11 am (he received the files at 7 am). And he only did it because I called so many times and screamed at his manager (who told me "he's in a meeting right now" when I asked, at 10 am, why the files hadn't been uploaded). How long did it take him to upload them? If you guessed "around 6 seconds" you're right.

So, for a two day class, the students weren't able to get into the software tool until 4 hours before the class ended. I put them through the paces and we made a lot of progress.

That is, until the session ended because the fuckwit IT guy had the class end at 6 PM EST, not 6 PM MST. I started a web conference and finished the class.

Someone should be fired. But the idiot way my company works, it would probably be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment