Sunday, January 22, 2012

an abduction dream solves my writer's block

Yesterday, after my screen writing class and my writer's group meeting, I started working on the first 5 pages of my screen play, which are due Wednesday but in reality I have to get them done today because I work on my book during the weekdays. I couldn't think of how to get the movie started in a way that would be immediately funny. So I started watching an iraqi movie called fratricide and fell asleep at 9 pm...

During which time I had an abduction dream. I haven't had one since I left DC. In the dream I was laying on my stomach and I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. At first I thought it was just the normal house noises (I think I have ghosts because I hear light footsteps going up and down the stairs almost every night. But, never see anyone and it's not as loud as people footsteps - probably just the wood settling or something). Anyway, the footsteps got really loud and sounded like people footsteps. I was scared but thought I shouldn't move. 
Then I felt two small feet land on my bed. I wanted to move but I was paralyzed. The next thing I knew I was being pulled up towards my ceiling at a fast rate. Then I was outside, flipped over on my back, and could see myself heading towards the bottom of a metallic green...box. You know, like those ammo boxes? But this one was huge and I could only see the bottom of it.

Everything was completely black and I was laying on a table. Then I heard a "pop!" like a lid being pulled off a plastic medicine bottle (child safety-less cap). Then I felt myself being lifted up and thrown into the sky. I was falling at a fast rate but wasn't scared at all. I wanted to fall.

Woke up in a sweat. And then realized - that's it!!! The first few minutes of dialogue will be about aliens!

I forget what the medical explanation is for abduction dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment