Tuesday, July 19, 2011

my latest knee x-rays

This shows my knee cap when my right leg is bent. You can see how it's not tracking straight. The femur bone overgrowth is pushing my knee cap out, which is why it hurts when I bend my leg. Also, you can see the femur defect (compare the right, or lateral, side of my knee with the left, or medial, side). My right side is pointed. It's not supposed to be pointed.

This shows my right knee bent. You can see that the bottom of my femur is overlapping my tib-fib when I bend my knee not even 90 degrees. The white area shows arthritis.


This x-ray shows the lateral side of my femur. You can see where bone is still missing on the lateral side (compare it with the smoother, medial side of my knee). You can also see how my femur is causing my leg to go sideways because of the bone overgrowth. The amount of daylight between the femur and tib-fib that's supposed to be there is missing (compare to my medial side).

2 comments:

  1. Wow . . . that knee has been thru alot! You're a walking zombie miracle! Dr. Monis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear old knees make good chocks.

    ReplyDelete