Friday, July 10, 2009

a robot chicken and were pig fight over uranus


So I finally finished the painting that my friend in the UK requested. He asked for a painting of a robot chicken fighting a were pig with light sabers. I think it may be the worst painting I've ever done. This is the first draft of it.

I started it when I got back from the software conference. But, I ran out of paint. Then I had to stay in DC, then go to Korea, blah blah blah, so I just returned to it this Wednesday.

It was really hard to finish because I had custom made the colors for the sky and grass and then couldn't replicate them. Also, I wanted to put some binary stars and planets in the sky, but it turns out those things are pretty hard to paint.

I was trying to fix the painting and it just kept getting worse and worse. Finally, I added uranus in the corner and said fuck it, it's done.

The good thing is, my friend has kids, so if anyone ever sees the painting he can just say one of them did it.


1 comment:

  1. oh now that is just utterly splendid! Marvellous even! I must say uranus is spectacular. It's much smaller than I expected. I have been thinking a great deal about uranus recently and even had a dream about sending a probe to it.

    ReplyDelete