Wednesday, May 27, 2009

skip

On Sunday, after lunch, Neil and I headed up to the Bachenheimer compound for drinks, and ended up staying for dinner, because Dan put out a bunch of my favorite fruits and cheeses, and then we had lamb chops (little ones), asparagus, and corn. It was great.


Dan also decanted some excellent wines from his and Eva's trip to Sonoma. We sat outside since the evening was nice, and after two glasses of wine Eva was like "hey Franki, why don't you show Neil how you can skip?"


Skipping, or my inability to skip, is perhaps one of my greatest failings as a person. I don't know why, but I can't do it. I always mean to do it right but I can't seem to take just one foot off the ground so I end up just jumping around. Which is weird because when I ski and am supposed to have both feet on the ground, I can't.
Neil tried to teach me how to skip as Eva stood on the driveway having a giggle fit. Occasionally she would skip by me just to make me feel bad. Attached is a picture that Dan took of Neil skipping and then me skipping.
And no, I can't skip even when I'm not drinking.


2 comments:

  1. You need a dog, and a man, perhaps upward dog pose and a man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, no, I don't. Two more people depending on me to take care of them...no thanks. I happen to be very happy and doing quite well on my own. I'm going to guess this comment was left by a guy because men always think they're doing a woman a favor by being with them. Which they aren't, unless the woman is underworked and in need of having people to take care of.

    ReplyDelete