Friday, April 24, 2009

trimming the bushes

Now that it's getting nice outside I took a look at my yard. It's a disaster. All of my rose bushes look like they're dead.

So, after I whacked all the weeds in my yard, I decided I should trim the bushes. I later found out from Jeffy I was supposed to do that in the fall. Oops. Fuck me.

I started out just dead heading the bushes. But that was boring and tedious. So then I decided to just cut off the dead stalks. Things went south pretty quickly. It's kind of like when you go to get waxed and you ask for the tiffany. Then the waxer keeps waxing until finally you hear an "oops!" and you look down and see that now you have a brazilian. And then the waxer says "well, I'll just charge you for a clean up". And you start thinking "my chop chop is going to be soooo cold if I'm wearing a skirt and there's a breeze".

Why do I even have a yard at all? I need to get some rocks.

Speaking of rocks, yesterday when I was on a bike ride, it suddenly occurred to me that the stamp logic puzzle has to have a pretty simple solution. I can sort of formulate what the solution is but haven't had a chance to write it down. That's the nice thing about logic puzzles. They give your mind something calming to chew on instead of worrying about, say, the decimation of the shark population.

2 comments:

  1. You should get Jeffie to do your yard work.

    Aren't you hot? (you said you were) Keep talking about your chop chop and ask him to take care of your lawn.

    It will work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeffy has no interest in my chop chop or my yard. Why don't you take care of my yard? Or at least give me some useful information?

    ReplyDelete