Thursday, May 8, 2008

Proust Questionnaire: Tami "XT" Knight



An intro to Tami: the Canadian version of me, illustrator and author of a lot of books including Everest: The Ultimate Hump and a book about household knots. She works with cirkids.org and knows how to make hats!

What is your current state of mind?
Slightly rushed & preferring a bit of a slow down

What is your greatest fear?
Barfing. I really don't like barfing.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Inability to advocate on my own behalf.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Dishonesty.

What living person do you most admire?
Jane Goodall.

What living person do you most despise?
My ex-boss at my old job who was a pompous asshole but thought of himself as a mystical genius.

On what occasion do you lie?
If it keeps others from being hurt......or asking too many questions.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My husband. I'm serious. I won the lottery meeting him.

When and where were you happiest?
Rite now here at home with my family & especially when my son is here with the five of us ( 3 humans ; 2 kitties )

Which talent would you most like to have?
To play the violin and speak Japanese.

If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
Lower blood pressure.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Becoming a circus arts coach to children

If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?
......as opposed to "want it to be"? I'm likely to come back as a Jack Russell terrier.

What is your favorite occupation?
Teaching circus arts.

Who are your favorite writers?
John Irving, Kurt Vonnegut, Gunter Grass, Michael Ondaatje, Tom Robbins ; I'm currently reading Truman Capote.

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
I don't seem to have one.............yikes. Even searching and thinking about it I can't think of one. I'm not drawn to "the heroic" in literature but , rather, the complex web of a story that an author can tell.

Who are your heroes in real life?
My mum and my favorite coaches and teachers.

What are your favorite names?
I don't have favorites but, being a teacher of children I sure have non-favorites and those are , first, any name that is spelled weird or unordinary to it's norm ( e.g. "Jaimz" for "James" ), secondly, names that are just plain silly ( "Spitfire", "Ramamoon", "Moss" ). Yes I've come across those last three.

What is your greatest regret?
I've divested myself of having regrets and make a monumental effort not to have them. Regrets are a massive waste of time.

How would you like to die?
In a long time from now and at the same time as my husband.

What is your motto?
Carpay all the diems hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment