Friday, December 25, 2015

christmas chef

Due to my success with breakfast burritos I have decided to spend a few hours every day for the next three days making shit.

Today, I made the beginnings of a lemon basil sorbet. I hope it's as good as the one I had at this french restaurant my parents took me to when I was in Williamsburg over Thanksgiving. It has to chill over night in the refrigerator and then I'm going to put it in the sorbet making machine I got for my niece but then accidentally shipped to myself because I was drinking and forgot to change the shipping address. Anyway, my niece already has a sorbet making machine.

Tomorrow I will make more breakfast burritos with a changed up recipe. I'm adding potatoes and some other shit. I was going to look at a recipe but then was like well if I add enough bacon they will taste good. I will also be attempting some strawberry frozen yogurt.

Then on Sunday I will make meatloaf because I had a request for that. I like to exchange weird emails every christmas with my friend G. This is the one I sent this year:

Me:

Also, I am going to attempt to make a meat loaf on sunday. I found a recipe which I will follow more or less except I want to add some additional stuff to it. I guess I'm getting cocky after my breakfast burritos. Maybe that's a bad thing. I also have to roast some potatoes but I'm not sure what temperature roast is. I'm pretty sure my old oven had a button that said roast. Or maybe it said broil. I can't remember now. I assume roasting and broiling are different but with cooks who can say, they are so imprecise. 

I tried to find the answer on line but got a temperature range of 200 - 375 and apparently there's something called slow roasting which may or may not apply to potatoes. I got bored and stopped reading the article.

I need to find a famous chef who studied as an engineer so I can learn to cook shit and not have to do research every time I want to do something simple like make a fucking potato.

G:

Ha ha, I hope the potatoes die well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment