Saturday, September 26, 2015

quirks of quantum electrodynamics,etc.

I have unfortunately gone down the bottomless worm hole of the casimir effect and need to stop reading articles about it. I heard about it while taking a study break last week and, checking out Discovery channel in the hopes that a shark show might be on, and instead stumbling on the show Ancient Aliens, where there was mention of the aforementioned casimir effect, I got obsessed.

Because that's what aspies do. 

I may figure out how to levitate. I think if I know how to levitate I would get invited to more parties. In fact, right as I started my research, I received an invite to a paradox sports party.

I bought the first two seasons of Ancient Aliens for my dad and we watched them a couple of thanksgivings ago. He thought it was a comedy. I didn't correct him. We laughed through both seasons.

But, discovery channel, really? Why clog the tv with that shit when you have all those good shark shows I want to see but can't except when I'm in a hotel because I don't have a tv? Next time I'll send you my schedule so you can plan accordingly.

I would also mention I have been reading about mereotopology for no good reason other than it has some relationship to meta models, which I love.

Today and tomorrow I have to catch up on my spanish class. I'm trying at the moment, even though I'm tired, to memorize the top five phrases I'll probably need to know: 

"Tienas una curita?" (do you have a band aid?) 
"Soy alergico a la miel y mariscos" (I'm allergic to honey and shellfish)
"Te gustan los tiberones?" (do you like sharks? (it's good to bond with people over common obsessions))
"Cuanto para el enano?" (how much for the midget?)
"Estoy bastante seguro de que se ha roto." (I'm pretty sure it's broken (thought I would keep that general, I break a lot of shit))


No comments:

Post a Comment